Thursday, March 26, 2009

Something I Can't Afford

I'm expecting to graduate this semester, and I already have plans for my future.
One of my plans, which I have stated in my earlier post, is pursuing an M.B.A. degree.

I dream to be a successful businesswoman one day, so I can make jobs for people in Indonesia. With my own money, or my company's money, I can also give to the people who are in need. It breaks my heart every time I read the newspaper or watch the news that so many people are starving to death and children died while studying because their school's rooftop collapsed.
I also must admit that having a successful business equals to comfortable life and loads of money, something I dream to have as well.

After browsing obsessively on the internet, I found out that the tuition cost of the universities I'm planning to apply is extremely expensive. My father told me that I should forget about expensive schools and gave me a budget for my 2-year master's program. The budget is less than half the estimated total cost for tuition and living in the expensive universities I wish to apply.

At first, I was kind of frustrated because I can't apply to any university I want. I was even in denial and assured myself that my father will still pay for my tuition even though it's way beyond my budget. Then I started to be realistic and look for other cheaper universities. M.S. helped me realize that most people can't afford to go to university, let alone study abroad.

Now I'm working really hard to juggle between finishing my thesis, increasing my GMAT score, and saving money. I've even started to control my spending and credit card usage. I saved all the money I got from my parents and None work. I know my savings won't make me afford the expensive universities, but at least I'm helping my parents.
I want this so bad. The last time I was this determined was when I applied for University of Indonesia, and that's 4 years ago.

So now I know how it feels like to not afford education.
Reality hits hard.

7 comments:

nobody said...

woww.. an MBA degree?
where do you want apply to? abroad?
if u want, ill help u finding university you have dream of.. i've some friends of mine living in european countries..:)

Deasy Priadi said...

Thank you...
I plan to apply to the United States.

BTW, who are you?
thanks for giving very nice comments to my post. : )

nobody said...

hi Deasy.
Ok then, I thought you wanted to go to the European Countries.. :)

Who am I? I am just somebody who can only see u from faraway.. I am your big fans.. :)

keep writing! I'll always watch your blog time to time..

Abimantra said...

Haha, a secret admirer eh?

BTW Deasy, I had the same condition like u 2 years back when I want to pursue my dream to as well. My parents are more straightforward... they said that they can't afford to send me abroad and told me to forget about it.

I was so but yet I keep asking to GOD to give me what does he think it best for me....somehow....he gave me the way to the best school I've ever wanted....alhamdulillah.

Ikhlas, hardwork, and ask only to'him' that's my suggestion....

goodluck mate! God really works in his strange way/../... but definitely it always happened to be the best one.

cheers

Abimantra

nobody said...

@Abimantra:

Secret Adimirer?? Not really like that.. :) that word is too offence.. hehe..

That's the way it is, there is nothing u cant reach in this momentary life, if u always believe in yourself, giving all ur effort to what you dream of.. and of course always grateful to the One above..

Deasy Priadi said...

@Abi: Thanks Bi.. God really does work in a strange way. Though I sometimes question His plans for me, pada akhirnya gue bisa nerima dan ngerti bahwa everything happens for a reason..
Aneh ya..

@Nobody: It would be nice to know each other. Once you know me, u'll come to your senses and start to reconsider to be my fan. hehe...

nobody said...

hehehe.. thats completely right we gotta know each other, im sorry im afraid i may not be able to tell you who am i.. but the thing is because i knew u, i consider myself to be your fan.. :)